Recent GaTA presentations by
Dr. Alan Craig
Director, Learning and Tutoring Center – retired Georgia Perimeter College
GATA 2018 Conference Presentations 10-20-2018
1. Presentation for Math Tutors/Math Tutor Coordinators:
- The_Big_Bang_Theory_of_Math_Tutoring – 2018 version of the presentation (As with the 2017 version, the PowerPoint with the videos embedded is too large to post. URLs for all videos are listed in this PDF version of the presentation.)
- The Big Bang Theory of Math_Handout
2. Presentation for Tutoring Center Administrators:
- Unleash the Power of an Advisory Board for Your Learning Center! — Powerpoint presentation
- Compact handout with key information from the advisory board presentation
- Recommendations Worksheet for Starting and Operating a Learning Center Advisory Board.
GATA 2017 Conference Presentation 10-21-2017
- PDF version of my GATA 2017 Conference presentation<
The Big Bang Theory of Math Tutoring.
(The PowerPoint with the videos embedded is too large to post. URLs for all videos are listed in the presentation.)
GATA Train-the-Trainer Presentation 2-24-2017
Ideas and Resources for Tutoring Center Administrators
- Presentation to the Georgia Tutoring Association Train-the Trainer Conference held at the Newton Campus of Georgia State University – Perimeter College on February 24, 2017
- Tutoring center administrators—both new and experienced—were presented with a host of ideas and resources for gaining traction in their new environment or improving existing tutoring centers. These ideas and resources can be used to form the basis of an action plan for the next year as well as a multi-year strategic plan. The session also includes tips based on his experience as a reviewer for the Learning Centers of Excellence program of the National College Learning Center Association. This session is an abbreviated version of a popular workshop that Alan has presented for over a decade at the NCLCA conference each fall.
- –>2017-02-24 GATA Presentation<–
- CAS Learning Assistance Program Standards is available from the NCLCA website (toward the bottom of the page)
- LRNASST Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
- NCLCA Learning Centers of Excellence Program
- NCLCA Learning Center Leadership Certification
- CRLA Tutor Training Certification
- For the most current versions of the handouts, see the Professional Presentations tab of my site.